And as long as you’re in Northern Minnesota, take time to investigate the rich history, culture and recreational activities of the area by visiting these areas of interest:
- U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame, Eveleth – Located 42 miles S of Orr on Hwy 53 in Eveleth, MN. Has historical exhibits of hockey memorabilia, the Olympic Display and the Wall of Enshrinees.
- Soudan Mine Tours, Soudan – Mine tour is 1/2 mile underground where the temperature is 51 degrees so dress warm. Get a glimpse of the life of the miner and explore the underground mine itself on the mile trail ride. Experience the excitement of particle physics in action at the high-energy physics lab where scientists from around the world are trying to answer basic questions about the Universe.
- Giant’s Ridge Golf and Ski Resort, Biwabik
- Fortune Bay Casino, Tower
- Voyageurs National Park – Borders Canada by International Falls, MN. It is mainly a water-based park which makes it the most unique National Park. There are no roads in the Park accept to the 3 Visitor Centers where you can learn about the voyageurs and the history of the park. Boat tours are available to Kettle Falls, the America Gold Mine and to experience the park in all its beauty.
- Kettle Falls Boat Trips
- Visit Canada
- Cooks Country Connection, Cook MN. - See pigs, cows, donkeys, goats, alpacas, horses, birds, sheep, rabbits, llamas, even a yak!
Adventure Seaplanes - Air tours and adventure trips out of Tower, MN.
Minnesota Discovery Center - A historical research center with tours, education, exhibition, dining, and mountain biking trails.